Saturday, January 30, 2016

Greek Yogurt Labneh with Candied Ginger and Honey

I love different kind of cheese, either its Mozzarella or ricotta or mascarpone or cheddar or feta..My least favorite is paneer, somehow I am just done with paneer and since we have so many different kind of cheese why just stick to Indian cottage cheese and not tried rest? So I made ricotta , mascarpone at home now its time to make Labneh at home. Labneh is a strained yogurt cheese from Lebanon, it can be savory, sweet too. I made simple labneh and I flavor with orange blossom honey and candied ginger. Only trick is you need whole fat greek yogurt  , don't even think about fat free or 2% yogurt. It's not going to give you same texture, After straining it will be like blank canvas, you can add your flavor. to make savory add, any herbs ,garlic and olive oil and have it with pita chips. It's so light and fluffy  just like cloud. I made it sweet with orange blossom honey and my candied ginger.

Until now I never saw any Indian blogger make this cheese, but now I am pretty sure everyone will jump with their own creation to make this, am I right or not? people just don't do their own research love to do copy -paste. Anyway I did this first so I am happy. Enjoy this delicious spread as cheese or as dessert.

Ingredients :

2 cups Whole fat greek yogurt
2-3 tbsp. orange blossom honey or regular honey and add orange zest.
2 big Candied Ginger, chopped very thin

Method :

Line a large sieve with cheesecloth,

Set over a medium deep bowl. Place yogurt in sieve.
Gather edges of cheesecloth to cover yogurt.
Place in refrigerator and let drain for 24 hours.
Transfer the cheese to a serving dish, cover and keep in fridge till ready to serve.






If you like, add herbs and make a balls and preserve in olive oil.
To make it sweet, add honey and candied ginger in cheese and chill it and enjoy it after dinner as dessert or as it it.






Hearth and Soul Blog Hop: February 2016 - Zesty South Indian Kitchen






7 comments:

  1. Ooh I bet this is so delicious, I love the creamy contrast the the heat of the candied ginger:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. had seen spiced labneh in suhainas space last year i guess from that time i thought i would try it..yours seem more yumm with orange blossom n candied ginger..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Labneh at the moment. We usually order it, but I need to try making it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. tweeting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates